|What Constitutes An Emergency?
Indoor Gas Leaks:
Should you smell the odor of gas in an enclosed area such as your home or business, leave the building.
DO NOT operate light switches, phones or other electrical devices!
They may cause a spark which could ignite the gas. Evacuate and then call GFU immediately at 210-695-8781, 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Our technicians will respond promptly.
Outdoor Gas Leaks:
If you notice particles of dirt or debris blowing up from the ground or bubbles blowing from standing water, this could indicate an underground gas leak. You may or may not smell gas depending on wind and other weather conditions. If you notice any indication that there may be an underground gas leak call GFU immediately at 210-695-8781, 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Our technicians will respond promptly.
See Recognizing Natural Gas Leaks
See Leaks in Your Home
If the situation calls for it, or if there is an
impending threat to people or property: